Maryland Association of Senior Centers
The Maryland Association of Senior Centers (MASC) was founded in 1980. The purpose of the Association is to represent and promote the senior centers in Maryland through the following goals:
• To foster the multi-purpose nature of senior centers.
• To promote community relations with aging affiliated state and national associations and impact on the visibility of senior centers state-wide.
• To encourage the development of new senior centers and expansion of existing centers throughout Maryland.
• To facilitate the exchange of information, ideas and programs between senior centers, through newsletters, workshops and meetings.
• To encourage the passage and implementation of legislation at the local, state and federal levels thus improving services to seniors.
• To operate for non-profit charitable, scientific, educational liaison and advocacy purposes.
• To recognize excellence in senior center programming.