The Maryland Association of Senior Centers (MASC) was founded in 1980. The purpose of the Association is to represent and promote the senior centers in Maryland through the following goals:
• To foster the multi-purpose nature of senior centers.
• To promote community relations with aging affiliated state and national associations and impact on the visibility of senior centers state-wide.
• To encourage the development of new senior centers and expansion of existing centers throughout Maryland.
• To facilitate the exchange of information, ideas and programs between senior centers, through newsletters, workshops and meetings.
• To encourage the passage and implementation of legislation at the local, state and federal levels thus improving services to seniors.
• To operate for non-profit charitable, scientific, educational liaison and advocacy purposes.
• To recognize excellence in senior center programming.